BIAC and other friends of the Palestine Awareness Coalition leafletted outside the Vancouver City Centre Skytrain station on September 13. The Vancouver City Centre station features the PAC’s “Disappearing Palestine” skytrain advertisement, which is also displayed on 15 buses around Vancouver.
September 13, 2013 also marks the 20th anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Principles (The Oslo accords) in Washington, DC, marking the current era of “negotiations” between Israel and the newly created Palestinian Authority.
Since that time, rather than leading to the establishment of a Palestinian state or the implementation of Palestinian rights, the ongoing “peace process” has seen:
- the tripling of the settler population in illegal Israeli settlements on the West Bank
- the demolition of thousands of Palestinian homes
- the frequent closure of the West Bank and an ongoing siege on Gaza
- the devastating Cast Lead attack on Gaza in 2008-2009
- the imprisonment of tens of thousands of Palestinian political prisoners
- the construction of the Apartheid Wall
- the continuing….DISAPPEARING PALESTINE
BIAC distributed postcards with the “Disappearing Palestine” graphic and additional information about the 20th anniversary of Oslo and its devastating impact on Palestinians: