Monday, September 19 2011
7:30 PMOutside Avigdor Lieberman Speaking Event, Jewish Community Centre, 950 W. 41st Ave, near Oak Street., Vancouver, BC
Facebook Event: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=258579707514963
Download Flyer (PDF)
The infamous Israeli Foreign Minister, Avigdor Lieberman, is coming to Canada this Monday! He will be visiting Toronto and Vancouver, where he will meet with Prime Minister Stephen Harper and then travel to Vancouver for local meetings and public speaking events.
Avigdor Lieberman is not only the foreign minister of the state of Israel, which regularly violates international law by building settlements on occupied land, denying Palestinians’ fundamental human rights, and engaging in siege and attacks on occupied Palestinians in Gaza, but is best known as an advocate of ethnic cleansing against Palestinians.
Lieberman is an illegal settler in the West Bank Jewish-only settlement of Noqedim on confiscated Palestinian land. Over the course of his political career representing Yisrael Beitenu, a far-right Israeli political party, Lieberman has:
- Advocated for the ethnic cleansing of Palestinian citizens of Israel and their “transfer” outside Palestine
- Called for Palestinian prisoners to be drowned in the Dead Sea
- Called for the execution of Palestinian members of the Israeli parliament, the Knesset
- Demanded that Palestinian and Arab citizens of Israel sign a “loyalty oath”
- Attempted to ban political parties composed of Palestinian citizens of Israel from participating in elections
- Threatened to “destroy everything” in the West Bank and to bomb Egypt’s Aswan Dam
- Labeled Jewish critics of Israel and Zionism collaborators with Nazism
Shortly after his move to Israel from the former Soviet Union, Lieberman joined the now-illegal Kach Party, an organization so right wing that Israel banned it outright from running in elections. The Kach Party is considered a terrorist organization by Canada, the European Union and the United States. He then founded Yisrael Beitenu.
Last year, Lieberman declared that “Canada is a true friend of Israel,” thanking Stephen Harper for defending Israel’s occupation of the West Bank and Gaza, in violation of international law. In fact, Harper’s Canada has become a haven for international war criminals – from Lieberman to former U.S. Vice President and torture architect Dick Cheney, who will be met by protesters demanding his arrest when he visits Vancouver Sept. 26.
Join us to say that Avigdor Lieberman, racist and terrorist, is not welcome here!
7:30 PM, Monday, September 19, Jewish Community Centre, 950 W. 41st Ave, near Oak Street, where Avigdor Lieberman will be speaking.